Saturday, March 17, 2007

March 17th, 2007

Calculate Primes

Direct Propagation of the Prime Numbers
by
Professor James McCanney


The Oldest Problem in Mathamatics Has Been Solved!

This book has been written for the general public. The "Calculate Primes" book is 93 pages of text including a 10 page preface that relates parts of my past not made public before ... there are 20 chapters and the DVD includes a lecture approximately 3 hour long plus my January 11, 2007 radio show on the topic of "repeatability" ... a topic that is central to the release of the new book ... the original mathematical treatise is included as an appendix for more technically oriented readers ... this is far more than a solution to the oldest mathematical problem ... it also gives direction to fundamental properties of nature that are seen in every aspect of science.

James McCanney

Home Page
http://www.calculateprimes.com

Book Order Link
http://www.calculateprimes.com/BookDVDOrderSubPage.HTM


The other home site for Professor McCanney is http://www.jmccsci.com/
The link for Jim's Cell Phone Information is: www.mybiopro.com/jmcc or Email Jim at: health@jmccanneyscience.com or Phone: 1.866.999.2747. Jim's Shortwave Radio Broadcast at: 5.070 Shortwave Frequency - Thursdays at 6 PM Central Time - Jim's Internet Radio Broadcast at: http://www.jmccsci.com/ at 8 PM.

Putting this book into perspective

Preface by the Author

The solution to the prime number problem haunted me from my earliest introduction to it in late grade school or early high school. I had worked on trying to find patterns and certainly found myself "discovering" many of the same facets of the prime numbers and following many of the same false leads that the hundreds of mathematicians had stumbled upon over the past 2500 years.

In pursuit of a solution over many decades, I read everything that existed and got to know the paths of great mathematicians such as Gauss, Euler and Reimann, the same great names that brought us so many unbelievably complex advancements in every field of mathematics. Certainly the solution to understanding the primes had its base in the foundations put down by these greatest of mathematicians. My efforts of course came and went as I worked on other pursuits. I had to leave my prime number file on the shelf to collect dust only to return time and time again to take up the battle.

Then finally a number of years ago I sat and stared into a mental mirror and had to come to task with a fundamental issue. If all of these great mathematicians could not solve this problem, were they all wandering perhaps down the wrong roads? What were they all missing? I decided at that point on two issues, both of which later proved to be correct. The first was something I had discovered while wandering in the rain forests of Central America and camping in the remotest wilderness areas of northern Canada. This was the realization that the solution to understanding the prime numbers was like everything else in nature … it most certainly did exist … and it had to be elegant but simple. And secondly, there had to be a new "method" of mathematics that had not yet been discovered.

As I later found out, I was correct on both counts. So it was at that fateful point in my theoretical life that I made a conceptual decision that was the equivalent of cutting off my right arm. I would take indefinite leave of working on the project labeled "Prime Number Problem" … until such time as I had forgotten all of what had to be false leads of all these other mathematicians I had studied and likewise abandoned my own set of false leads.

Many times I had to resist the temptation to reopen the "Prime Number Problem" file as I saw it sitting on the shelf, since I had not shed myself of all the dead weight yet. Patience my son, patience a little voice said inside of my head. And I then continued with the many other pursuits that have kept me more than busy over the years.

Then one day, after possibly 2 years of not thinking about the prime number problem, I sat down with pen and paper and the solution starting flowing like water over a newly opened reservoir. I was setting on a deck in the warm sun, and with a fresh supply of paper, began putting together the pieces of the puzzle. In retrospect, at times I thought that there was one or another aspect of the total solution that was paramount or more important than any other, but in the final analysis there are so many subtle and intricate solutions that have to be woven together to make the final solution work, that it is not possible to weight any one aspect above the others. As with many events, it was a collection of factors all working in harmony to give the true vision of the prime numbers.

Little did I know that my brains had been purged of "the past prime number problem" information and the fresh look was truly what was needed. As I sat down that morning with pen in hand, I began probing into the middle of the prime number table. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I did not stop working until the entire solution method had been worked out … it was so logical and so simple … and so elegant … I had solved the initial portion … the essence of the prime number problem. It took another 6 weeks of daily work to iron out the details and put it into a form that other people would understand. Additionally I had to answer for myself all of the difficult questions I knew that professional mathematicians would ask when they saw the formula that directly calculates the prime numbers. Most of all, I had discovered a new mathematical technique that I knew had to exist and may possibly be used on other more complex mathematical problems.

This book has been designed for the general public and also for mathematicians who want an overview of the solution to the oldest and most illusive mathematical problem in the history of modern man.

Jim McCanney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home