Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 21st 2008


Frank’s interest and work in weather began at an early age. At the age of 6 I assisted my father, Meteorologist Bruce Watson, on location in Colorado Springs, Colorado recording cloud development taking a snapshot of the clouds every 15 seconds using a 8mm video camera. Other projects as young youth include the proposed International airport in Ham Lake, MN in the 1970's, the Cooper-Nickel project in Ely, MN. As a teenager I accompanied my father across the state of Minnesota for his research to write and publish the 1975 Minnesota Weather Almanac, which is now known as the Minnesota Weatherguide. At age 16 I worked on a study for the University of Colorado into the effects of the Heat Island in big cities. My duties included the servicing and maintenance of a dozen thermographs located throughout the Twin City metro area. After high school graduation I continued my education at the University of Minnesota before transferring to the University of Wisconsin (Madison) where I graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Meteorology.

Web Site: Watson Weather
Frank's Email: watsonwx@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home